Main features for the Sony VPL-VW1100ES projector with installation – bundle.
- 4K native resolution for no compromise with more than 4x Full HD images
The VPL-VW1100ES 4K home cinema projector offers 4096 x 2160 resolution, more than 4x the resolution of Full HD. The projector’s 4K SXRD panels have been specially developed by Sony for the VPL-VW1100ES, utilising 4K expertise from the professional cinema market. They deliver a native 4K picture, with no electronic enhancement of pixels. At the same time, the size of each pixel has been reduced from 7μm to 4μm and the panel surface has been flattened, which ensures an even distribution and accurate light reflection.
- Remarkable dynamic contrast for the highest picture quality
The projector’s 4K native SXRD panels produce outstanding native device contrast, which reproduce deep blacks by improved flatness level of the pixel surface. When combined with Sony’s Iris3 technology, the projector can achieve an incredible 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast for the best ever images.
- High brightness of 2,000lm for optimum images in the home
With 2,000 ANSI-lumen brightness, the VPL-VW1100ES delivers nearly twice the output of some previous Sony home cinema projectors. Combined with 4K SXRD panels, the projector is able to offer both higher brightness and higher contrast ratio for optimum viewing in the home environment.
- “Reality Creation” 4K up-scaling to watch Blu-ray Disc™ content in 4K
In addition to supporting 4K native resolution, the VPL-VW1100ES projector also features an exclusive Super Resolution 4K upscaler “RealityCreation” that dramatically enhances Full-HD content, allowing viewers to get the most from their existing Blu-ray Disc™ libraries at home. For greater versatility, it can also display FullHD 3D and 4K up-scaling of 3D movies.
- Wide colour space (DCI, Adobe RGB) for richer picture quality
The VPL-VW1100ES offers a wider than normal colour space, enabling it to show the fuller colour information provided by the professional DCI colour specification and the Adobe RGB colour space.
- Lens optimised for 4K images
Sony has developed the 4K All-Range Crisp Focus (ARC-F) lens specifically for the VPL-VW1100ES projector to produce optimised 4K images. By incorporating this super high-resolution lens, high precision and high quality picture is realised in every corner of the image.
- Panel alignment expertise
The three 4K native panels in the projector utilise Sony’s panel alignment expertise to produce precise convergence of the three RGB colour pictures, ensuring the three colour images are perfectly set up.
- Zoom lens and wider lens shift for maximum installation flexibility
The VPL-VW1100ES combines a 2.1 zoom powered zoom lens to provide the maximum flexibility for home installations, including high ceiling mounting. A wide lens shift range of 80% vertical and 31% horizontal reduces the need for additional platform extensions in ceiling mounts.
- Home automation interfaces and accreditations
The VPL-VW1100ES comes with an RS232 interface, IR, RJ45 control, dual triggers, IR-IN and self-diagnosis (for checking lamp life, etc.). The projector is also compatible with many home automation integrators and has AMX, Control 4 and Crestron certification.
- Picture position memory for variety aspect movies (zoom and shift position)
The VPL-VW1100ES has picture position memory, which memorizes the position of the zoom lens. Users can match a movie’s aspect ratio, including 16:9 and Cinema scope, and store the settings in the projector for easy recall.
- Improved emission power for built-in 3D transmitter
The projector has a built-in 3D transmitter to synchronise 3D glasses, which alleviates the need for a cable. The emission power of the transmitter has also been boosted by 30% compared to previous models, allowing much wider coverage of the 3D signal.
- Noise reduction technology
The VPL-VW1100ES incorporates the latest noise reduction technology to minimise projector noise as much as possible.
- Simultaneous anamorphic and 3D viewing
The VPL-VW1100ES is able to display anamorphic images and 3D without changing the lens, making it as user-friendly as possible.
Main features of included projector installation & calibration by UK Home Cinemas
- Installation for this projector includes up to 10M HDMI 2 cable, surface fixed in rounded mini trunking (if required).
- UK home cinemas will deliver and install a premium quality wall or ceiling mount (type to be agreed with client in advance).
- UK home cinemas will deliver and install the projector.
- UK Home cinemas will recommend (in advance), screen sizes and models.
- Calibration on site by a former Sony UK principal engineer – in conjunction with your source equipment.
- Other requirements can be accommodated, please let us know how we can help.
- The Sony optional accessories for this projector are available from UK Home Cinemas.