Main features for the Sony VPL-VW320ES projector with installation – bundle.
- 4K native resolution: over 4x better than Full HD
No compromises: the VPL-VW320ES provides 4096 x 2160 4K resolution (the DCI standard in digital cinemas). Sony have used their professional cinema expertise to develop 4K SXRD panels and produce a 4K native picture with no artificial enhancement of pixels.
- High contrast ratio and brightness
Drawing on optical technology developed for the VPL-VW1100, both high brightness (1,500 ANSI lumens) and high contrast (150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio) has been achieved in the VPL-VW320ES.
4K digital drive panels minimise the space between pixels in every frame with an incredible response rate of 2.5-milliseconds. That’s much faster, and more stable, than an LCD TV and produces ultra-smooth, dot-free pictures with natural, fluid movement – whatever the action.
The VPL-VW320ES ’s optical engine and SXRD panels incorporate our Triluminous Display technology to produce a much broader colour range, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. The result is greater purity, depth and realism.
Motionflow technology has been enhanced. ‘Combination’ mode uses Sony’s ‘Film Projection’ and ‘Motion Enhancer’, adding frames to reduce blur and maintain brightness in thrilling, fast-moving scenes. Cinema purists can choose ‘True Cinema’ to retain the original 24 frames per second.
- Industry standard RF 3D compatible
A built-in RF transmitter synchronises with any RF 3D glasses for wider coverage, greater stability, and there’s no need for a cable.
- Reality Creation: upscales your movies to 4K
As well as native 4K material, you can see your current Full HD Blu-ray™ or DVD movie collection upscaled for a 4K experience. Reality Creation is a Super Resolution technology that radically enhances Full HD content, even upscaling 3D movies for 4K.
- Compatible with ‘Mastered in 4K’ Blu-ray™ discs
Drawing on the same technology used to downscale 4K material for Full HD, the VPL-VW320ES gives you a near native 4K experience with discs ‘Mastered in 4K’. It’s as close as you can get to the 4K-pixel resolution and expanded colour range of the original.
- New 4K standard: 60 frames per second
The VPL-VW520ES can show up to 60 frames per second in 4K (at colour signal YUV 4:2:0). It’s the new 4K industry standard and is much higher than the earlier 24p. The result is a smoother image with superior colour and realism.
A smaller optical engine means the VPL-VW320ES is approximately 18cm shorter in length than Sony’s flagship home cinema projector, the VPL-VW1100ES, so there’s greater flexibility for installation.
Because the fan is positioned at the front, you don’t need to worry about wall space and room for air inhale/exhaust when you install. This helps maximize the throw distance for bigger projected images.
- Wider zoom and shift lens
A 2.06 motorised zoom lens and wide lens shift range of 85% vertical and 31% horizontal gives greater installation flexibility – even when the ceiling is very high.
- Suitable for home automation
The VPL-VW320ES is compatible with many home automation systems. It has an RS232 interface, RJ45 control, and IR-IN terminal.
Main features of included projector installation by UK Home Cinemas
- Installation for this projector includes up to 10M HDMI 2 cable, surface fixed in rounded mini trunking (if required).
- UK home cinemas will deliver and install a premium quality wall or ceiling mount (type to be agreed with client in advance).
- UK home cinemas will deliver and install the projector.
- UK Home cinemas will recommend (in advance), screen sizes and models.
- Other requirements can be accomodated, please let us know how we can help.
- The Sony optional accessories for this projector are available from UK Home Cinemas.